Sunday, September 25, 2011

DURRETT FAMILY SESSION

Let’s meet Eric, Mary, Carson, and Charlie.

Eric and Mary were looking for nice, yet casual family photos. Eric, and their son Carson do not enjoy dressing up, and with an infant, things need to be done in a timely manner.

They decided to go to a standard mall photographer to get their daughters first photos taken with the family. The family posed, the photographer shot their images, and the family was extremely pleased with how they turned out. With the kids starting to get restless and Eric having to leave to work, the results of the quick shoot seemed successful. Unfortunately however, all the images were lost except for a few from the session.


Seeing their frustration on a Facebook post, I decided to contact them, and offer my services to them. Having grown up with Eric, I knew his style, and what he and his family were looking for in their photos. Something that symbolized their casual lifestyle. So after discussing their session and choosing an outdoor location with a rustic, casual feel to it, they were excited to get their photos re-taken.

The afternoon of their shoot, the weather had me a little concerned. Since there were a lot of thunder storms in the area and storm clouds in the sky, I was worried about the storm cutting into our shoot time. At the same time I was excited, because the clouds offered me the perfect lighting I needed. The first few shots were of the family, and quickly we captured the many different creative poses I had in mind. I also wanted to capture the natural interaction with the family. Baby Charlie made us all laugh, showing her mom and dad that she was a natural in front of the camera. The shoot lasted approx. 25 minutes, which was quick and easy, and just perfect for this casual laid back family.


Enjoy the images from the shoot. You can find more images on my Facebook page : www.facebook.com/scarlettkphotography


No comments: